Iron Maiden

6POUNDER

Re: Iron Maiden

Post by 6POUNDER »

EMI Records have issued the following press release about the amazing global chart success of The Final Frontier.On behalf of Bruce, Dave, Adrian, Janick, Steve and Nicko, l would like to thank YOU our Maiden Clan for all for your phenomenal support - without which these chart entries just wouldn't have happened.You are the BEST Rod Smallwood**********

GLOBAL CHART DOMINATION FOR "THE FINAL FRONTIER" WITH #1 ALBUM DEBUTS IN THE UK AND 20 OTHER COUNTRIES TO DATE

ARABIA, AUSTRIA, BRAZIL, BULGARIA, CANADA, CHILE, CROATIA, CZECH REPUBLIC, DENMARK, FRANCE, GERMANY, FINLAND, JAPAN, MEXICO, NEW ZEALAND, NORWAY, PORTUGAL, SPAIN, SWEDEN, SWITZERLAND, U.K. -- AND MORE TO FOLLOW

Recent Billboard Magazine headline says it all: "Iron Maiden Slays Rivals..."

EMI Records is proud of their 30 year, career long involvement with Iron Maiden and the astonishing first week Global Chart success of the band's fifteenth studio album, The Final Frontier, which was released on EMI Records worldwide on Aug 16. (excl USA, released by Ume on Aug 17)

Iron Maiden have more than earned their status as one of the foremost contemporary and influential Rock bands in the World as they debut at #1 in the UK (their fourth No 1 album here, the first being 1982's seminal 'The Number of the Beast' album) and TWENTY other countries to date with The Final Frontier.

In addition to the phenomenal number of No.1 debuts in all parts of the world, Maiden are currently No.2 in Australia, Belgium and Holland, No.3 in Ireland Poland and Turkey, No.4 in USA and No.5 in Singapore. The debut at No.4 on the Billboard chart in the USA is the band's highest-ever chart position.

Having recorded the new album at Compass Point Studios in the Bahamas earlier this year, in an historic first for the band, they released 'El Dorado', a track from 'The Final Frontier', as a free download on the eve of the opening date of their North American tour to huge excitement from their massive fanbase. Following this a cutting edge video was released for the opening track, 'The Final Frontier', produced by the award-winning production company Darkside Animation Films ("Lost in Space," "Gladiator" and "Black Hawk Down") and two innovative computer games were created as companion releases to the album.

Thirty years after their eponymous debut album in April 1980 and with more than 80 million albums sold, Iron Maiden are more creatively vibrant, dynamic and relevant than ever, reaching a new pinnacle in their career and still adding legions of new young fans to their ever-increasing following.

They recently completed one of the most successful North American tours of the Summer, playing to over 350,000 fans there across 25 concerts, and followed that success across Europe, where they headlined a series of major festivals, including the huge Sonisphere events in the UK, Sweden and Finland, alongside their own shows, playing to hundreds of thousands more fans. They will hit the road again in 2011 with further extensive touring, headline dates on the Soundwave series of major Festivals in Australia already being on sale for February and further shows to be announced over the coming months. Maiden are on blistering form and ready to take their music into 2011 and beyond.

All chart positions confirmed to date are as follows -

No. 1 -- Arabia, Austria, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Finland, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK No. 2 -- Australia, Belgium, HollandNo. 3 -- Ireland, Poland, TurkeyNo. 4 -- USANo. 5 -- Singapore

Reviews for 'The Final Frontier'

"Some of their most intricately structured songs [with] hooks so huge you could raise the Titanic with them." -- The Times

"What Maiden are giving fans here is something to truly get their teeth into and savour...fearless, adventurous and with a record that will still bowl you over in a decade's time." -- Kerrang

"Their most ambitious yet... signifying that this national institution's quest for adventure remains unabated." -- Mojo

"They've reinforced their position as the credible elder statesmen of metal with a tightly focused, self referential effort... a pure concentrated hit of imperial period Irons." -- NME

"10 songs that explore a whole range of musical territory both within and beyond the usual parameters... Maiden obviously know that at this stage of their career there is no area of inspiration which can't be tapped into and no boundaries that can't be crossed... To hear an album this good from a band of this vintage is nigh on miraculous.... We're unbelievably lucky that they're still around. Long may the Maiden reign." -- Metal Hammer

"The Final Frontier takes the band into so many new musical areas and bombards the listener with so many subtly peculiar touches it feels more like the beginning of a new chapter than a mere continuation of an ongoing saga... The faithful, in their millions, will adore every last second." -- Classic Rock

"They can still thrill [and] do complex as well as rocking... nobody does it better." -- Evening Standard

"Fresher, more visceral-sounding... they don't hold anything back, including a lengthy intro track, Middle-Eastern elements on 'Isle of Avalon', Steve Harris' distinctively tense bass lines and masses of explosive guitar solos throughout. The blustering music is served with utter conviction... the noise and fantasy is rip-roaringly alive." -- Metro

"This is just exceptional Maiden. A band doing what they do best...'The Final Frontier' takes times, it takes effort but it's overwhelmingly brilliant." -- The Quietus

"Iron Maiden are really all kinds of amazing." -- The Word 
GzI3mOsS

Post by GzI3mOsS »

hej a pat naj kush albumin e fundit .. veq jo torrent.. me 1 link kshtu n'past :D
albert

Post by albert »

mu pervete um pelqen Bullet For My Valentine
6POUNDER

Post by 6POUNDER »

albert wrote:mu pervete um pelqen Bullet For My Valentine
::tffurri::
zhuti_rock

Post by zhuti_rock »

http://bg.sonispherefestivals.com/

a din kush a ka organizim prej pr ose shkupit per me shku atje ?
Evermore

Post by Evermore »

organizim s'ma merr menja qe ka, veq qe bohen njo 6-7 vet, une ju kisha bashkangjit e prej forumit veq Verimi qe kish kqyre me ardh :P
6POUNDER

Post by 6POUNDER »

Evermore wrote:organizim s'ma merr menja qe ka, veq qe bohen njo 6-7 vet, une ju kisha bashkangjit e prej forumit veq Verimi qe kish kqyre me ardh :P

n'plan e kom me shku, me krejt mundin

nuk lshohen maidenat edhe alice cooperi edhe pse so aj i moqmi mo
BennKo

Post by BennKo »

hajde po bohmi nja 4-6 vet e po shkojmë
6POUNDER

Post by 6POUNDER »

IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson received an honorary doctorate in music from Queen Mary university in London, England on Tuesday, July 19. He was presented by Professor David Baker of the Centre For Neuroscience And Trauma in honor of Dr. Dickinson's contribution to the music industry.

Dickinson, 52, actually received a degree in history from the same college in 1979. His parents wanted him in the army, but he told them that he wanted to get a degree first. "That was what they wanted to hear so that was my cover story," he later said. "When I got down there, I started immediately finding and playing in bands."

Multi-talented Dr. Dickinson is not only a musician and song-writer, author, film script writer and TV broadcaster, also a champion fencer, entrepreneur and commercial airline pilot. In 2006, Dr. Dickinson flew 200 U.K. citizens home from Lebanon during the Israel-Hezbollah conflict in his converted Boeing 757.

Queen Mary is one of the U.K.'s leading research-focused universities, offering a broad range of degrees in humanities and social sciences; medicine and dentistry and science and engineering, with over 14,000 undergraduates, 2,000 postgraduate students and 3,000 staff.
SatanMyMaster

Post by SatanMyMaster »

Iron Maiden eshte Ikon ne vete dhe per kete duhet me u ngritur ne kemb kur te flasim Flight666
Zagor

Post by Zagor »

sa i perket Live , per mua asht ma i mirë "Live after Death" se sa "Flight 666" ..